Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[v1.4] Minimap script giveaway
(21.08.2011, 16:54)Chrissi Wrote: The conmap-code actually tests whether the file exists, and if not, it'll regenerate a continental map.

Since I rewrote that part ^^
Well let me say that thats quite hilarious. Why is that ? Because if 5 minutes pass and I will refresh the page but the image is cached, it is possible that some villages might be conquered, or deleted, or transformed into barbarian, or you just made a new diplomacy relation.
So I wont be aware that the village next to me is barbarian just because the image is cached even it passed an hour.

Does that seem logic to you guys ? Because it doesn't seem logic to me.
performance > secondly refreshed conmap Wink

you are right with the points you mentioned but twlan is a script running on non-high end systems... as long as we don't get it to handle some of the performance bottlenecks we should not implement features like this in the main code...
with your script the user is able to decide by his own and this way its okay
I did the tutorial in 3 different versions , and it doesn't work...allways it's like this:
[Image: 111hp.png]

Sory 4 my english
Heheh, you are using v1.3, you need to do the correct changes from that src (game_map.tpl) for it to work, and btw, I know you are using the online version because you are romanian Big Grin

@blner, come on, high end system for a 250 by 250 px GD map ? Damn.
there are enough problems when getting to much villages on the map... the problem here is not the use of gdlib but the mysqli query's affecting the database when playing with 3 or more others and/or bots...

this is just my opinion and thats why i would prefer the cached version till we finished our next release included some resources for luxury things like real-time minimap Wink never said your script is a bad idea Tongue
Yea blner, I know you didn't blame my idea, what do you mean about realtime, draggable map or non-cached map.
i meant the non-cached map... i know its not luxury Big Grin but for now we have to watch the performance because there are a lot of features waiting to get implemented Wink
I can help you with the draggable map Smile I made it for my future web-game, it doesn't have the diplomacy, but it's quite easy to make it, and it's using the TWMap js lib.
Die Grafik "http://localhost/game.php?village=1&screen=map" kann nicht angezeigt werden, weil sie Fehler enthält.
... removed all unnecessary posts here. Back to topic please.
Anyway, why don't you do it with canvas. You get rid of that gd and let the client-side to the job.
Old but, can you please reup?
I asked many people but no one of them had it Sad

MfG Manuel
Hi Slim, I couldn't find the old one for you, but i've rewrote this one minutes ago.. it works well for me; You need to do some changes on it and it'll work flawlessly.

http://www.speedyshare.com/file/rssVQ/map.rar

Regards.

MfG Manuel
kann jemand die files neu hochladen?
Tools
Bitte auf aktuellste Version achten!
file not found
why always deleting it?
can some one please reupload it again please. really need it for my 7.0 graphic plugin i making
Glad to help
please reupload! Sad
Tools
Bitte auf aktuellste Version achten!
Sorry, I don't have it anymore.