Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can I play with friends?
I've recently found out about TWLan and setup my own server, but I am the only one able to use it and it's quite frustrating as I would like a bunch of friends(like 4) to join me and have fun.

Some IPs were generated by the launcher.exe, but none of them are working besides the localhost one(which obviously only works for me)
Q: What is TWLan?

TWLan stands for "Tribal Wars Local Area Network".
It is a rebuild of the Tribal Wars browser game, which lets you set up and play on your own (local) server.
Schildkröte: "nichts ist langsamer als ich!"
Schnecke: "ich bin ganz sicher langsamer!"
Und dann kam der Internet Explorer...
You are alive :O

MfG Manuel
It still does not answer my question. I know what LAN means, but how can I allow others to connect to those IPs recommended by the launcher.exe if I can't connect to them?(besides the localhost one)

Can't you just give me an in-depth explanation so that I don't have to ask further questions? I think that sounds about right. Or at least that's how I am used to getting answered.
Okay, a little help:

How can I setup a Local Area Network for other people to connect? For instance, I can use Hamachi to setup a server(e.g. I use hamachi for Minecraft servers for me and my friends. I copy my hamachi IP into the server.properties file and voila, others can connect with that IP. Is it the same here?). Would Hamachi be good?

I believe that if you answer this question instead of telling me what an abbreviation means I won't come back with further questions, unless I have other issues.
You cant actually use hamachi. You and your friends needs to be in a local network, so they must be at your house and join your network. Then all they have to do is to enter your LOCAL ip in their browsers, since you will host the server. Thats about it. I dont know if this works for V2 as well as it does for V1, but im pretty sure it does.

Edit: After the launcher is ready to use it will tell you some ips which you can use to play on your server. Notice tho, that 127.0.0.1 is only for you available since its your localhost ip. The ips that your friends can use to join your server will probably start wirth 10, 172 or 192

MfG Manuel
Q: Can I play it over the internet or via Hamachi?

No. We put restrictions in place to make this impossible.
As per the TWLan License, it is forbidden to work around these restrictions.

read the freaking FAQ!
Schildkröte: "nichts ist langsamer als ich!"
Schnecke: "ich bin ganz sicher langsamer!"
Und dann kam der Internet Explorer...