Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nobleman(snob) distance + scouts
Hello everyone!

First of all, I am aware that TWLan is in the Alfa state.
However, changing the nobleman range in world.json doesn't affect anything at all.
Also, scouts don't work. It doesn't matter how much scouts the defender has (even if it's zero) and it doesn't matter how much the attacker sends, all of them will die.

Now, does anyone know what files I can find it in and edit it? I have looked for ages but I simply cannot find it Sad

Kind regards,

Kwarde
(19.03.2016, 19:10)Kwarde Wrote: Now, does anyone know what files I can find it in and edit it? I have looked for ages but I simply cannot find it Sad

That's because there are none.
All files containing game logic are compiled directly into the PHP executable, to prevent tampering.
I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait for an update.
I suspected as much Sad, but it doesn't matter, I'll patiently wait Wink

Also I have a question. It is prohibited to forward ports to put it online because of the InnoGames licenses.
But, what if you made it possible and include a config file where you can add IPs (of friends) so only they can join? Wouldn't that almost be the same as playing LAN? (I was thinking of adding a .htaccess file, using allow order,deny(\n)deny from all(\n)allow from (IP)).
Idea orrr? (And off course, don't actually add a .htaccess file but something similar also into the executable, and read all the IPs from a file, without allowing wildcards and only a maximum ammount of IPs).

Thanks for your reply by the way Smile
Such InnoGames-license things are very difficult because nobody really knows, what specific, detailed "rules" Inno laid down when they allowed the LAN-version. But I don't think that an IP-whitelist would be okay, as playing over VPNs like Hamachi is not allowed either.