Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Big issues. 2.A3 UPDATE
Hello! Can you update the "Version 2.A3 alpha"?
I found big issues.  Sad 
After I searched in \TWLan-win32\htdocs\templates\twlan\controllers  Huh 
 Arrow I found missing php files like:

- Mail
     - Settings
     - Support
     - Friends
     - Flags
     - Market
     - Farm
     - Infovillage

Other issues:

- http://127.0.0.1/admin redirect me to http://127.0.0.1/index.php (main page)
     - Paladin weapon system don't work
     - When click unit names, no info show
     - And much more...
Angel
You are right. These things don't exist.
Remember, it's an Alpha-version ...

Quote:http://127.0.0.1/admin redirect me to http://127.0.0.1/index.php (main page)
You have to be logged as the first user to access admin-panel.
(07.12.2015, 13:43)elias28 Wrote: You are right. These things don't exist.

Quote:http://127.0.0.1/admin redirect me to http://127.0.0.1/index.php (main page)

I understand is alpha version but we are in 2015...We need more updates.
And about the  admin panel, I did this and nothing happens...
Angel
(07.12.2015, 16:11)George Wrote:

Yeah we are in 2015 and we still have people like you with no clue about how much work such a project is.
And yeah, even developers need their free-time.
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool
(10.12.2015, 18:27)Milu2K Wrote:
(07.12.2015, 16:11)George Wrote:

Yeah we are in 2015 and we still have people like you with no clue about how much work such a project is.
And yeah, even developers need their free-time.

Yeah friend, but we are in 2016, the developers have an obrigation to do some updates to fix that error, just some errors, like the settings and the paladin´s armor, right?

Sirius.
I think this project needs more developers in order for it to go past it's current alpha status. I think there are a lot of people willing to help, including myself to contribute. However it's closed source and they can't just let everyone work on it. And this is just a hobby no obligation from anyone at all. The work they already did is impressive and in my opinion a good base to build further on I hope they can find the time to do this.
I think it's fair to say that we disappointed the community by making promises we couldn't keep.

In all honesty, I just can't find the motivation to work on it anymore. Developing the TWLan used to be fun to me, but isn't anymore.
And since this is an unpaid job, fun is the only thing that would keep me going.
As it stands though:
a) I no longer play TW, so I have less of a connection to the game.
b) The code base has grown to a size where, due to how sparingly and irregularly I have time to work on my own projects, I would spend most of my available time re-familiarising myself with existing code rather than actually coding.
c) There have been inexplicable and frustrating bugs time after time, only few of which we were able to fix eventually, which seriously decreased the amount of fun I associated with the project.
d) I've taken on other projects, which, to me, are just far more exciting.

At this point, I'm not sure how to continue.
I'm currently the one hosting this forum and other parts of the TWLan infrastructure, and I'll no doubt continue to do that, but I'd like something to happen to the project itself...
I'll contact who's left of the team and check back here if and when we come up with any idea.
Totally understand, and you shouldn't feel obligated to. Hopefully some other people will be able to help push this in a new direction. I will try to keep looking at the forum now and again Smile
But Molt, you didn´t understand, have much people to help you and Steffer, I didn´t now if this is the right name of him, whatever.
Me and much peoples it´s sending ideas to forum and I think you and Steffer don´t analyze our ideas, if you and him analyze, maybe we can help you and him, because many people who play this game know many languages ​​that can help improve and perhaps one day, later on, when the game is more updated and better, can start paying people to help you and also you should start recruiting people to help improve the game should not be to the administration with only you, of course you should not go posing as moderator only because he has a good idea, should review his profile, see other social networks to contact, etc. .
So, act and are not just talking, start acting, start viewing messages of people, instead of being doing other useless things, you think this is just a hobby, but it can be your work one day, it is not because the game looks a lot like Tribal Wars game that is plagiarism, maybe we can change more forward, do a better layout of the game, because let's face it, the game's layout is pretty bad.
It´s that guy, now I already said what I wanted to speak, is with you now, make the right choice, this game may have a future with those minds that I see here in the forum.

Sirius
(27.10.2016, 21:19)Sirius Wrote: But Molt, you didn´t understand, have much people to help you and Steffer, I didn´t now if this is the right name of him, whatever.
Me and much peoples it´s sending ideas to forum and I think you and Steffer don´t analyze our ideas, if you and him analyze, maybe we can help you and him, because many people who play this game know many languages ​​that can help improve and perhaps one day, later on, when the game is more updated and better, can start paying people to help you and also you should start recruiting people to help improve the game should not be to the administration with only you, of course you should not go posing as moderator only because he has a good idea, should review his profile, see other social networks to contact, etc. .
So, act and are not just talking, start acting, start viewing messages of people, instead of being doing other useless things, you think this is just a hobby, but it can be your work one day, it is not because the game looks a lot like Tribal Wars game that is plagiarism, maybe we can change more forward, do a better layout of the game, because let's face it, the game's layout is pretty bad.
It´s that guy, now I already said what I wanted to speak, is with you now, make the right choice, this game may have a future with those minds that I see here in the forum.

Sirius

You don't understand really. He is taking Tribalwars their original content and creating a local multiplayer version. I think they have the permission to do so as long as they don't share the source with everyone and don't make any profit of of it. If he makes money out of this it will probably result in a lawsuit.
(27.10.2016, 21:26)TheUninvited Wrote:
(27.10.2016, 21:19)Sirius Wrote: But Molt, you didn´t understand, have much people to help you and Steffer, I didn´t now if this is the right name of him, whatever.
Me and much peoples it´s sending ideas to forum and I think you and Steffer don´t analyze our ideas, if you and him analyze, maybe we can help you and him, because many people who play this game know many languages that can help improve and perhaps one day, later on, when the game is more updated and better, can start paying people to help you and also you should start recruiting people to help improve the game should not be to the administration with only you, of course you should not go posing as moderator only because he has a good idea, should review his profile, see other social networks to contact, etc. .

Sirius

You don't understand really. He is taking Tribalwars their original content and creating a local multiplayer version. I think they have the permission to do so as long as they don't share the source with everyone and don't make any profit of of it. If he makes money out of this it will probably result in a lawsuit.

I understand TheUninvited  Big Grin but the moderators don´t do anything of I talk, if the moderators don´t have permission, do another game, we have much people to help, you agrees with me?
It´s just ask for anyone if he have any media social, like facebook, skype, twitter, etc.
I also don't see any real solution happening any time soon, we're kind of in a dead end.

it's pretty much impossible to find other people with the required skillset and credibility.
learning from the past isn't always an advantage, from the perspective of all users, here, it clearly isn't.

2. Time
I'm currently employed, which means I have to be very picky on what projects I want to work on during my freetime.
At this point, I spent atleast half a year (4-16 hours a day, what I could fit into my schedule) working on the TWLan,
and it just wasn't enough for what we aspired to do.

Doing another game is a very naive pseudo-solution, what should it fix?
Our invested time would be for nothing.
That's like going to a professional soccer player, who just lost his legs, and saying: "Well, you could just play another kind of sports".
Sure he could, but he surely doesn't want to, and luckily in our case, we don't have to.

The project started to feel similar to work, since we felt bound by certain deadlines and didn't want to disappoint.
Ironically this took fun during the project to a new low, which also affected the motivation.

What will happen in the future?
We simply don't know, it feels like Tribalwars itself, is more and more dying.
We might follow, or we might raise from the ashes, but there isn't really
any short-term solution to resolve this problem in a manner, which
works for everyone - without any issues.

In the end it certainly will be a hard decision.
We're currently thinking of potential strategies for the future, so far it seems pretty dull.
So in the end, we'd might have to make a decision, we won't like to make.
LG
steffen
(29.10.2016, 11:31)Steffen Wrote: I also don't see any real solution happening any time soon, we're kind of in a dead end.

it's pretty much impossible to find other people with the required skillset and credibility.
learning from the past isn't always an advantage, from the perspective of all users, here, it clearly isn't.

2. Time
I'm currently employed, which means I have to be very picky on what projects I want to work on during my freetime.
At this point, I spent atleast half a year (4-16 hours a day, what I could fit into my schedule) working on the TWLan,
and it just wasn't enough for what we aspired to do.

Doing another game is a very naive pseudo-solution, what should it fix?
Our invested time would be for nothing.
That's like going to a professional soccer player, who just lost his legs, and saying: "Well, you could just play another kind of sports".
Sure he could, but he surely doesn't want to, and luckily in our case, we don't have to.

The project started to feel similar to work, since we felt bound by certain deadlines and didn't want to disappoint.
Ironically this took fun during the project to a new low, which also affected the motivation.

What will happen in the future?
We simply don't know, it feels like Tribalwars itself, is more and more dying.
We might follow, or we might raise from the ashes, but there isn't really
any short-term solution to resolve this problem in a manner, which
works for everyone - without any issues.

In the end it certainly will be a hard decision.
We're currently thinking of potential strategies for the future, so far it seems pretty dull.
So in the end, we'd might have to make a decision, we won't like to make.

Thank you for your answer, just wondering what skillset(s) do you look for in any potential developers?
We'd need experienced people (very) familiar with multiple programming languages:
Towards the next release of the TWLan you'd be confronted with: Go, JS, Zephir, C, PHP in that order (more GO than JS, ...).
So we need people that are unlikely to have time, because if you have that kind of experience, you're likely to have
loads on your plate anyways.
If we found someone, we still couldn't profit of him/her, since there isn't a necessary level of trust established yet.

There really at this point isn't an incentive to work on it anymore for anyone,
it's just "work", and that's something people do not look forwards to in freetime projects.
LG
steffen
Yeah, that's a long list of skills probably not a lot of people have and even less likely to want to dedicate free time to.
Can anyone explain to me how to use a bot for version 2A.3? I'd like to integrate another bot like "shadybot" or "freebot with this version if possible, but need a little help with getting started (new to TWLan).

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.
(09.12.2016, 05:19)-It- Wrote: Can anyone explain to me how to use a bot for version 2A.3? I'd like to integrate another bot like "shadybot" or "freebot with this version if possible, but need a little help with getting started (new to TWLan).

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

The reason why most of the bots WILL NEVER work on TWLan 2 is because, most of them are woking by manipulating the database, which is not the same as in the old TWLan.

If you're lucky, you can find the iNk bot which COULD (cant guarantee, most likely it wont) work, since thats the only bot using normal GET/POST requests. If you have even more luck, you can find its source and make it work by yourself ;D

Manu aka SlimShady95 has currently a bot in developement which you can find here. He said, he will mainly code it for TWLan 1, but it will use http requests and if you ask him kindly, he might do you a little favor Wink

Nicht wahr, Manu? ;D
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool
Quote:if you ask him kindly, he might do you a little favor

I wont sorry. It will be open source, so you can do it on your own, but I will not start doing anything for V2.* unless there is a FULL functional version. So most likely never lol

MfG Manuel
(10.12.2016, 19:40)SlimShady95 Wrote: ..., but I will not start doing anything for V2.* unless there is a FULL functional version. So most likely never lol

Same for me.  Angel
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool