Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so much spam regarding online servers
As far as I'm concerned (hopefully I wont get rage-banned by some of the old members of this community who know what I do for a living, or did, whatever), this forum should be only about twlan. Another idea that I believe you guys share with me , is that this community is full with brasilian / portuguese / romanian guys who can barely speak english even with google translate, asking for decoded files, online server support or other nonsense.

Do you really think that by replying "oh , nice answer", you help the community to grow ? If so, you really have a wrong idea about how to help the community become larger.
Either way, long story short, I really think you should really remove the Posts number from the profile or the post_view template. Or, radical decision, give up using mybb and code your very own forum platform.

Why am I thinking this way, you may ask yourselves. Well the answer is quite simple and to the point.
First, and most important, it helps you get rid of internet bots, automatic spam, and captcha crackers.
Secondly, it makes people stop tryharding to get their post count high enough to think about theirselves , "i'm a community senior, helped them so much". When all he actually did, was to thank the others two hundred times.

I know I had a weird past, we all do mistakes, but as you can see, I at least tried to do something in order to clean the mess up. As I already said in the beginning, hopefully I don't get banned for some past decisions that I've did. But hey, not my decision to take.

Regards and excuse the grammar errors if there are any,
Edi.
I guess I know who you are, and as long as you don't do anything not-wanted but actually something positive, I don't see the need for action.
Anyone can change and therefor deserves something like a second chance, I guess.

To answer to your points:
- Yep that doesn't help a community to grow
- Removing the posts number or creating a very own forum platform doesn't either (more time, spam continues because feeling boring, having fun, whatever)
- The conclusion that this is getting rid of internet bots, spam, etc. may be true regarding some actions, but is currently not really a large problem.

Some final words about the community to grow: It pretty much won't really grow, while we remain in the "sleep" state, if I'm allowed to call it like that.
There's not really a reason to be active until some new action happens.

Furthermore I hope that I answered this extensively and additional comments are appreciated.
LG
steffen
The "sleep" state which you made your point with, was a downside too at the moment when this community was lookng for another programmer. Since i wanted to get some of my reputation back , I decided to close the server which I was developing for a while (even if most of you think I had legal problems, we can all agree thats not a problem in Ro). Either way, I can still help you out with that "sleep state". As I'm developing my own game in parallel. It doesn't really affect twlan since it's based on a 2D engine. I got my degree, finished the college, quit the old job Big Grin , it all resulted in having lots of free time. Do talk with the other staff members if you think i still deserve a second chance, and feel free to mail me on this account's email address. I'm confident some of the actual members, and/or some of the former ones know what I'm capable of.

Edi.
It doesn't really matter what you're capable of and what not, don't understand me wrong, personally I would probably want you on the team.
But the reality is much more complicated.
Even if you changed, this still is a problem.
Adding somebody with a "negative past", who isn't able to achieve 100% of the trust, is not advantageous.
It endangeres the "relation" with Innogames and puts this future of this whole project at a huge risk.

I'm really sorry, but we cannot pick you up.
Anyways thanks for your efforts and I wish you the very best for your future.
LG
steffen
Thats fine, I was just looking to work on an ongoing project with some of the guys I already knew around here.

Regards.
what is that project eduard...
case i really like games you know

dont see if you dont like to watch people losing their head
Tribul.Net - Looks like its ready to play now - Downloading Client Smile

Edit: still in closed beta Sad
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool
@portuges23,@Milu2k I've seized the project for a week now, as I'm out of town and lacking of an decent internet connection, but, I'm back now and will start working on it again. I wanted help from the TWLan team regarding the positioning of a village when it is being generated and how the attack system really works, like ideas, explanations, and things like that , but, not really lucky so far.

Regards.
German Wiki of the Attack System by TW with some explanations: Link

For some reason, there is not even an english Wiki of TW. Undecided
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool
My german skills are lower than my grandma's tities... just saying. I tried having a look at that "Kampfsystem" though but I need someone to explain those steps in english x_x.
i downloaded the client to try out but when i log in "closed beta development" is there as main thing and i cant get it out of the way
but its nice to see that you want to make your own game so people here wont hate you... anyway good luck on the project i would help but i am not good on php

He said he was busy, so he couldnt develope the Game for a while...

Im sure we will get access to the game soon enough.

Im waiting for it too Big Grin
✝ RiP 
Weiter geht's  Cool
are you guys talking about twlan 2.0 or...?
this post was never about twlan 2.0

(28.02.2014, 14:35)Steffen Wrote: I guess I know who you are, and as long as you don't do anything not-wanted but actually something positive, I don't see the need for action.
Anyone can change and therefor deserves something like a second chance, I guess.

To answer to your points:
- Yep that doesn't help a community to grow
- Removing the posts number or creating a very own forum platform doesn't either (more time, spam continues because feeling boring, having fun, whatever)
- The conclusion that this is getting rid of internet bots, spam, etc. may be true regarding some actions, but is currently not really a large problem.

Some final words about the community to grow: It pretty much won't really grow, while we remain in the "sleep" state, if I'm allowed to call it like that.
There's not really a reason to be active until some new action happens.

Furthermore I hope that I answered this extensively and additional comments are appreciated.
First, I think what you said is right,and I really appreciate your answer, at least it's wisdom.