Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
MySQL Error
#1
Sorry for not posting this in the English forum however I thought I'd gain a quicker response here.

Basically when I first download 'twlan-1.4.3L1.sh' it runs smoothly. However if I'm to shutdown my laptop then later turn it back on and start up TWLan, I get this message

Code:
No database connection could be established. (is MySQL running?) Error message: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/twlan/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)

I've ran out of ideas on what to do.

Information:

I'm running Linux Debian and when I try the status command for TWLan I get this (Hope it helps)

Code:
WLan status Apache : running (PID 4232) MySQL : not running Events handler : not running Ports: 80 (HTTPD/Apache) : used by TWLan 3306 (MySQL) : unused Notice: TWLan does not need port 3306 anymore.

When I try "sudo/etc/init.d/mysqlstop"
I'm given this message

Code:
bash: sudo/etc/init.d/mysqlstop: No such file or directory

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Reply
#2
Try this in Terminal:
Code:
sudo /opt/twlan/twlan.sh stop
and afterwards this:
Code:
sudo /opt/twlan/twlan.sh start

Greetings
Molt
Reply
#3
on debian you normaly don't have sudo... or am i wrong? >_<

to stop your mysql deamon you have to run
Code:
su YOUR_ROOT_PW /etc/init.d/mysql stop

then try to restart twlan with
Code:
/opt/twlan/twlan.sh stop /opt/twlan/twlan.sh start
Reply
#4
As far as I know, Debian supports sudo, and if you run "twlan.sh stop", MySQL and Apache should also be stopped.

Greetings
Molt
Reply
#5
Debian works with a root account, sudo is not installed by default.

Code:
su #you'll be asked for your root password /opt/twlan/twlan.sh restartmysql # check again: /opt/twlan/twlan.sh status
Found my post helpful? Rate me Big Grin
Project: creating a compact and easy to setup DSLan (Linux) (Windoze is in development)
Reply




Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)