Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why so much spam regarding online servers
As far as I'm concerned (hopefully I wont get rage-banned by some of the old members of this community who know what I do for a living, or did, whatever), this forum should be only about twlan. Another idea that I believe you guys share with me , is that this community is full with brasilian / portuguese / romanian guys who can barely speak english even with google translate, asking for decoded files, online server support or other nonsense.

Do you really think that by replying "oh , nice answer", you help the community to grow ? If so, you really have a wrong idea about how to help the community become larger.
Either way, long story short, I really think you should really remove the Posts number from the profile or the post_view template. Or, radical decision, give up using mybb and code your very own forum platform.

Why am I thinking this way, you may ask yourselves. Well the answer is quite simple and to the point.
First, and most important, it helps you get rid of internet bots, automatic spam, and captcha crackers.
Secondly, it makes people stop tryharding to get their post count high enough to think about theirselves , "i'm a community senior, helped them so much". When all he actually did, was to thank the others two hundred times.

I know I had a weird past, we all do mistakes, but as you can see, I at least tried to do something in order to clean the mess up. As I already said in the beginning, hopefully I don't get banned for some past decisions that I've did. But hey, not my decision to take.

Regards and excuse the grammar errors if there are any,
Edi.

Messages In This Thread
Why so much spam regarding online servers - by Eduard - 28.02.2014, 14:23